Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 August 2011

Hello everyone, sorry I havent been posting lately, have been extremely busy with my Uni modules.
Am starting this week with papermaking, made my own mold and deckle and have spent all day shredding old paperwork in my filing cabinet. Next step is to do batches with water in my blender, then they are added to a kitty litter tray and sloshed around. After that I will use the mold to place under some of the melted paper and hopefully when I lift it up there will be a nice layer of paper in it. My next step will be to cut up some woollen pieces a bit bigger than the pages. I bought an old woollen blanket at the Op shop and I am hoping that will work to drain the sheets old.

My husband thinks I am mad and said it is like quilting- cutting up things that were perfectly ok to put back together again in a different form, I suppose he is right in a way....
Am looking forward to this whole "Textiles" module. I will also be placing some rusty tools and nails in cotton material and when wrapped will be placing it in salt water for a week at a time. At the end of 3 weeks I will remove the bundle, unwrap and rinse and tralaaaaa... hopefully there will be some interesting patterned rust marks on the material...

My Uni has scrapped the textile units from 2012, which I think is very sad... I have so many ideas in mind I will never get to do them all.

Meanwhile for my Painting module I am collecting photographs, plaster of paris casts of things and all sorts of rubbish for a "body of work" I have in mind. Will post info along the way. what a journey it is going to be..,.

Bye for now,
dont forget you can email me any questions or ask me about solutions to your sewing problems.

Jennine

No comments:

Post a Comment