Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Album I made for piecing quilt blocks.



I have just made this album for putting my pieced quilt blocks in before I sew them together. I got a 2nd hand photo album from an opportunity shop and removed the plastic sleeves. I then cut some pieces of wadding(batting) and covered pieces of plastic core board( $6 for a huge sheet from the hardware store). I then sewed the covered sheets onto the spine of the album and covered the outside in a pretty material. I then glued on some more wadding inside the front and back covers.I added a piece of ribbon to the inside cover to hide the join. I did make one mistake with it- I should have covered the outside album covers with more wadding and then glued the material all over it. I only glued around the edges and the centre is a little bit loose, not enough to bother me though. I added a ribbon loop on the back and a nice button on the top. Basically, when the pieces of material are placed on the wadding, they stick like on a design wall. This helps keep all the pieces in the right order as they are sewn together. I will show it again when I place some block pieces in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment