Total Pageviews

Friday 20 May 2011

Getting ready for Painting classes.

Been away for a few days in hospital but back home and raring to go again. Currently working hard on my final essay for my current Uni module. My next two units, starting on 1st June, are about Painting and then followed by textiles embellishment, adornment and then dyeing. I am hoping to learn a lot from these units, as they are my favourite subjects and right down my alley, so to speak. I would love to combine my quilting with fabric paints, dyes and other adornments, so cant wait for them.

Meanwhile, I have sourced a very large old aluminium saucepan and bought one of those cheap gas camping stoves that use aerosol gas canisters, and am now adding all sorts of things like wooden and plastic spoons, old cans, screw-top jars etc, to my "art stash". I have just found out that I need to buy a double boiler saucepan to make my own gesso.That sure sounds interesting.I will have to start checking around the op shops again......lol.

 Recently I sourced some "Inktense" pencils from Kim Bradley's website.They are fabulous, cant wait to try them out. Kim recently had a dvd released with the latest issue of Quilters Companion magazine, showing how she uses various pencils and ink sticks to paint and embellish her quilts, very interesting dvd, totally recommended. Her link is www.kimbradleycreations.com, if you are interested.

Well, back to my essays, bye for now.

Jennine

No comments:

Post a Comment